Role: Virual Events Project Manager
Location: Remote - United States and/or Europe
Our virtual events division is in the midst of unprecedented growth, and we are currently bringing on additional staff to support client demand.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fun loving, hard working team, using the latest technologies to produce virtual events and conferences for some of the world’s greatest brands and organizations.
This position is currently a contractor/freelance role, but there is also an opportunity to transition to full time in the future. It is a remote position, but you must be able to work on United States and/or European Time Zones.
The Virtual Events Project Manager is responsible for serving as the primary contact for the client team throughout the lifecycle of virtual events, from kickoff through successful completion.
In the role of Virtual Events Project Manager you will achieve and maintain a harmonious working relationship with assigned clients, deliver the event according to the project’s deadlines and budget, and coordinate internal creative, configuration, and webcast production teams.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the overall customer event experience including coordination of content delivery and event/webcast production, organizing exhibitor/sponsor requirements, reporting, and quality assurance.
- Developing and maintaining the project plan for tracking milestones and deliverables, identifying the critical path and dependencies.
- Coordinating internal resources to ensure successful delivery.
- Ensuring that the project stays within the defined scope and budget while providing updates throughout the project lifecycle to the client.
- Leading weekly status meetings with the client and core project team throughout the project lifecycle to ensure the project plan is on track and to address areas of concerns.
- Proactively managing changes in project scope, identifying potential crises, and devising contingency plans.
- Responding with a sense of urgency to needs of the client in a timely fashion.
- Providing quality customer service that exceeds customer expectations and improves the level of service being provided by Wrecking Ball.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
- 3+ years of project management experience. PMP certification is a major plus.
- Background in project management in the live or virtual events, webcasting, digital media, and/or agency fields is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator and Dreamweaver a major plus.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of multiple projects.
- Ability to keep up to date on virtual events and webcasting technology.
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written. Multi-lingual is a plus (especially Spanish, French, and/or German).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to be innovative and think outside of the box.
- Ability to handle frequent change.
- Comfortable interacting with clients at all levels of an organization.
Does this seem like a good fit for you?
Published by: Bob Donlon in Uncategorized